Workshop with representatives of Federal Criminal Police office, International Coordination, Centre of education and Research division IZ (DE) and Fit4Sec/BERKoS network coordinator (DE).
The aim of the meeting was:
- To share L3CE /MRU experience and findings being in the role of faciliator of ECOSYSTEM that unites two communities (academia and end-users) in a common purpose: development of innovations in the public security domain.
- Introduse results and outcomes of the effective collaboration model/ EU funded projects Lion DC, PRoTECT, SPARTA, I-LEAD, ECOPOL
- Discuss how Fit4Sec/BERKoS network could be integrated in to existing SENTER-ENLETS-SINCERE ecosystem.
Fit4Sec / BERKoS /BKA IZ websites:
The participants of the workshop took part in the discussions and shared their views on the best practices and have tried to find the answers to the following questions:
- How to improve collaboration between researches and security practitioners?
- What are the key factors leading to successful collaboration?
- How to align expectations and make co-creation process effective?
Lion DC project was presented to the German delegation as a great outcome of co-creation process between researches and practitioners. The project idea is based on the innovation, knowledge and challenges faced by EU LEA fighting against drugs criminality in the Internet and Dark Web .
Representatives of German delegation expressed their desire to follow Lion DC project implementation with the great interest. It was agreed that IZ division will coordinate distribution of information about Lion DC activities to the relevant BKA units as well as to the 16 German state polices.