Like many websites, we use “cookie” technology to collect additional website usage data and to improve our Services.
Cookies may be stored on your device and be transmitted again to you when you use the services a second time. By means of cookies, the websites record user actions and preferences (such as, for example, the language chosen, the character dimensions, other settings concerning the layout of the website, etc.) so as to avoid that the user has to enter them when returning to the Website at a later date or when the user surfs a different page of the same website. Cookies are therefore used to log in users, monitor browsing sessions, store information relating to the users who access the website and may contain a unique identification code that makes it possible to track the user’s navigation within the website for statistical and advertising purposes.
Users may download cookies on their devices owned by websites and web servers different from the Website that they are actually visiting (“third-party cookies”). Some cookies are necessary for the technical functioning of the Website; if you do not accept the latter cookies, some functionalities and features of the Website may not be accessible.
Different types of cookies exist, depending on their features and functions, and they may be stored on the users’ devices for different timeframes: session cookies are cancelled at the end of each browsing session; persistent cookies may last up to a certain date that has been pre-set by their owner.
On the basis of the law applicable to cookies, user consent to the latter is not always mandatory. The user’s consent is not necessary for “technical cookies”, such as cookies used exclusively with a view of carrying out the transmission of a communication on an electronic communications network, or insofar as this is strictly necessary to the provider of an information society service that has been explicitly requested by the contracting party or user to provide the said service. The latter cookies are indispensable for the proper functioning of the Website and to execute activities specifically requested by the users.
Amongst the technical cookies, that do not require an explicit prior consent by the users to be deployed, see the following:
- “cookie analytics” insofar as they are used directly by the website manager to collect aggregate information on the number of visitors and the pattern of visits to the website,
- “browsing” or “session cookies” (to log-in to the website),
- “functional cookies”, which allow users to navigate as a function of certain pre-determined criteria such as language or products to be purchased so as to improve the quality of service.
For Profiling cookies, namely those aimed at creating user profiles and used to send advertising messages in line with the preferences shown by the user during navigation, the user’s prior consent is necessary.
Types of cookies used by the Website and the possibility to de-activate them
This Website deploys the following cookies, while always offering the possibility to de-activate them, except for third-party cookies, which can be de-activated by the users directly on the owners’ websites using the links provided below:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
- Moodle Session (only in subdomain training.lion-dc.eu)
- Third Party Cookies. This website (and not subdomain training.lion-dc.eu) uses Google Analytics to gain in-depth knowledge of the audience by collecting anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site or to the most popular pages, the number of downloads for specific material, etc.
Please be aware that if you disable technical/functional cookies the services might not work properly and some services or some of the functionalities may not be available or work properly; you could be required to modify or manually fill in some information or preferences each time you use the services.
- Additional cookies, namely cookies owned by websites and web servers different from this Website. The latter third parties are listed below with the links to their respective privacy policies.
- Google https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/
- Twitter https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-cookies
They are autonomous data controllers of the data collected through the cookies they serve; therefore, for activation and de-activation of their respective cookies you shall refer to their privacy policies and consent forms.